Responsible for the accuracy of gross margin components in both backlog and closed homes.
- Associate in this position will own the responsibility to make key decisions in what costs/amounts to use in the homebuilding budgets. These decisions will be made after consulting regularly with department heads and tracing movements in costs. This will not simply be gathering data and entering, but analyzing the data received and make sound judgment on what amounts should be projected.
- Maintain backlog report and run finals once a month with variance explanations/analysis. The analysis will involve working with heads of other departments to get a true understanding of why the variance occurs and work through strategies on how to reduce the variances go forward.
- Perform a thorough job cost review for homes closed during the current month.
- Prepare and post various journal entries at month end (i.e. COS, Closed Job, Common Building, Commitment Fees, Interest Allocation, etc.) Associate will be making independence accounting decisions on how costs should be classified and expensed.
- Run and circulate weekly report of deposits due on homes in backlog. Work with Sales team to strategize on how to keep delinquencies to a minimum and help focus the end user on the areas of concern.
- Prepare and distribute month end reports to Region and Corporate.
- Work with the audit team for data analysis and rationale for decisions made with audit selections.
- Assist Assistant Controller with various projects as needed.
- Accounting degree from 4 year college or university is required.
- Minimum of 3 years general accounting experience required
- Homebuilding experience preferred
- Strong MS Excel skills required
Supporting the finance department, accountant, and management team by completing routine clerical and accounting tasks. Preparing budgets, maintaining reports, and completing basic bookkeeping and accounting duties for the company.
- Preparing financial documents such as invoices, bills, and accounts payable and receivable
- Completing purchase orders
- Managing payroll
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the finance team
- Assisting with budgets
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Entering financial information into appropriate software programs
- Managing company ledgers
- Processing business expenses
- Coordinating internal and external audits
- Verifying balances in account books and rectifying discrepancies
- Verifying bank deposits
- Managing day-to-day transactions
- Recording office expenditures and ensuring these expenses are within the set budget
- Assisting the finance department and senior accounting staff members with various tasks, including preparing budgets, records, and statements
- Posting daily receipts
- Preparing annual budgets
- Completing the year-end analysis
- Reporting on debtors and creditors
- Handling accruals and prepayments
- Managing monthly budgeting tasks
- Encoding accounting entries for data processing
- Sorting financial documents and posting them to the proper accounts
- Reviewing computer reports for accuracy and meticulously tracing errors back to their source
- Resolving errors in financial reports and correcting faulty reporting methods
Data Entry; Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; Excellent Skills With Microsoft Office; Payroll Experience; Experience in Balance Sheet Account Preparation; Detail Oriented; Organised; Timely; Competent IT Skills; Strong Bookkeeping Skills; Knowledge of Business Math; Understanding of Budgetary Principles; Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills; Associate’s Degree in Business Administration or Related Field or Equivalent Work Experience
Description: Mobley Homes is currently looking for an Estimating Manager for their Purchasing Department. The right candidate will be responsible for coordinating, administering and managing the Estimating Department.
- Plan, manage and direct the work of the Estimators
- Perform contract extra pricing
- Process take-off change requests
- Review invoice discrepancies and approve for payment
- Analyze job costs and set gross margins
- Estimate and set-up new plans and jobs
- Support field and sales staff
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises two or more employees in the Estimating Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Application Submission Form